While being an awesome feature introduced in SQL Server 2012, Availability Groups were always missing the ability to synchronize server-level objects between replicas. This finally changed 10 years later, in SQL Server 2022, with the introduction of “Contained Availability Groups”.
A contained availability group is an Always On availability group that supports:
- managing metadata objects (users, logins, permissions, SQL Agent jobs etc.) at the availability group level in addition to the instance level.
- specialized contained system databases within the availability group.
In this session, you will:
- learn about the similarities, differences, and functionalities of contained availability groups.
- see a live demo of the creation and usage of a contained availability group.
- learn how to work with contained availability groups and its pros and cons.
Download Slides Deck
(not yet available)
This session was delivered at the following events:
- This is a new session and was yet to be delivered anywhere. Would you like me to deliver it during your event or conference? Fill out the form below.
This session will be delivered at the following future events:
If you want me to deliver this session at an event that you’re organizing, whether it’s an online or venue event, please fill out the form below. Thanks!