Eitan Blumin is a SQL Server expert with decades of experience in all fields relating to Microsoft SQL Server databases (since the year 2005), including but not limited to: Database design, management, TSQL programming, performance tuning, replication, backup management, security management, high availability and disaster recovery, SSIS, SSRS, encryption, migrations and more.
Eitan Blumin is currently working as a Senior SQL Server Consultant, Solutions Architect, and Team Leader at Madeira Data Solutions. Other than his day-to-day consultant work, he also co-hosts the popular “SQL Server Radio” podcast with Guy Glantser, writes professional materials for the SQL Server community, delivers professional presentations and courses, and serves as a pivotal source of expert knowledge for the Madeira team.
Since September 1, 2020, Eitan is a Microsoft Data Platform MVP.
Eitan is also a Microsoft certified professional with MCSE and MCSA certifications. You can view all of Eitan’s Microsoft certifications here.
SQL Server Radio Podcast
Starting early 2020, Eitan has also started co-hosting the SQL Server Radio podcast.
Latest Blog Posts
- Access Violation error when querying from a system table function with parallelismFollowing an incident at a customer’s production environment, Nathan Lifshes and I realized that we stumbled upon a yet-unknown bug in SQL Server, causing an access violation error, memory dumps, dropped connections, and even cluster fail-overs.
- T-SQL Tuesday #131 – Database Analogies – Star Trek CandyThis month’s #tsql2sday came to us from Rob Volk, who asks us to explain databases using an analogy, as if explaining to a 5 year old. I’m actually a big fan of The Feynman Technique (aka ELI5), so I really wanted to participate. But to be honest, I nearly missed out this time because I couldn’t think of an idea this whole week. But on the very last day the muse finally hit me. I kid you not, the time is literally 23:59 here in Israel as I hit the publish button!
- How to Troubleshoot THREADPOOL Waits and Deadlocked SchedulersIn this blog post I’ll help you troubleshoot the rare but critical issues of Deadlocked Schedulers and high THREADPOOL waits.
- Feature Request – Expand MSX/TSX Capabilities for HADRFollowing my presentation of “How to HADR Your SQL Server Jobs” at the HA/DR PASS Virtual Group yesterday, David Klee (@kleegeek) and I continued chatting for a bit longer after the recording was concluded. During which, the MSX/TSX feature of SQL Server came up, and David suggested that I’d utilize my newly earned MVP status to push a feature request to expand these capabilities.
- T-SQL Tuesday #130 – Eitan’s Laws of AutomationThis month, Elizabeth Noble is hosting #tsql2sday with the topic of automation. This is very similar to previous couple of T-SQL Tuesdays hosted by Ken Fisher (127) and Jess Pomfret (123). I already wrote about the topic of automation extensively in those past posts. So, instead of repeating myself, I’m gonna write about this topic […]
- I’m now officially a Microsoft MVP!My hard work and public contributions during these past few years continue to pay off in spades, and I’m excited to announce that I have finally received the Microsoft MVP award!
- October 2020 (3)
- September 2020 (3)
- August 2020 (2)
- July 2020 (3)
- June 2020 (3)
- May 2020 (3)
- April 2020 (3)
- March 2020 (3)
- February 2020 (2)
- January 2020 (2)
- December 2019 (4)
- November 2019 (1)
- October 2019 (1)
- September 2019 (3)
- May 2019 (3)
- April 2019 (1)
- January 2019 (2)
- November 2018 (6)
- October 2018 (14)
You can also find Eitan Blumin in these networks: