My name is Eitan Blumin, and I’m the fastest DBA alive. To the outside world, I am an ordinary SQL Server DBA. But secretly, with the help of my friends at Madeira Data Solutions, I fight performance, availability, and security problems no other person can solve, and find other DBAs like me.
The Flash I meanEitan Blumin.
Eitan Blumin is a SQL Server expert with decades of experience in all fields relating to Microsoft SQL Server databases and the Microsoft Data Platform, including but not limited to: Database design, development, administration, performance tuning, security and encryption, high availability and disaster recovery, ETL, reporting, migrations and upgrades, change automation, and more.
Eitan Blumin is currently working as a Senior SQL Server Consultant, Solutions Architect, and DBA Team Leader at Madeira Data Solutions, the leading Microsoft Data Platform consulting company in Israel. Other than his day-to-day consultant work, he also co-hosts the popular “SQL Server Radio” podcast with Guy Glantser, writes professional materials for the SQL Server community, delivers professional presentations and courses, and serves as a pivotal source of expert knowledge for the Madeira team.
Since September 1, 2020, Eitan is a Microsoft Data Platform MVP.
Since December 1, 2020, Eitan is a Microsoft Certified Azure Data Engineer Associate.
Oמ March 25th, 2021, Eitan has also passed the Azure Data Fundamentals certification:
Eitan is also a Microsoft certified professional with MCSE and MCSA certifications.
SQL Server Radio Podcast
Starting early 2020, Eitan started co-hosting the SQL Server Radio podcast.
Latest Blog Posts
- Even more fun with DATETIME arithmetics!In one of my previous posts, Fun with DATETIME Arithmetics, I introduced a way to use “math” to manipulate datetime values for effectively generating, calculating, and displaying intervals (i.e. difference between two datetime values). These mostly work with the addition and subtraction operators (+, -). In one of the paragraphs, I mentioned multiplication and division, […]
- One handy Powershell script template to rule them allIf you know me, you already know that I’m a huge fan of automation. Therefore, it’s natural to assume that I would dabble in Powershell at least once or twice or a few dozen, as a method to implement useful automations. After all, automation is pretty much the whole essence of Powershell in the first […]
- T-SQL Tuesday 138 – sp_help_revlogin is dead, long live sp_help_revlogin2This month’s #tsql2sday is hosted by @AndyLeonard, who asks us to write about “software changes”. Well, I think it’s time to be changing sp_help_revlogin. What do you think?
- Fun with DATETIME ArithmeticsDid you know that we can have basic datetime arithmetics in SQL server? We can use subtraction to find an accurate difference between two dates, and use addition to add an accurate interval to a datetime column or variable. Read this post to learn more.
- Troubleshooting SentryOne Full Access Monitoring ModeSometimes SentryOne would not be able to activate its “Full Access” monitoring mode. This article describes a simple but effective methodology to resolve such issues.
- Keep Your MSDB CleanIf left unchecked, SQL Server’s historical data could pile up, causing all kinds of problems. So, let no historical data remain un-cleaned!
- June 2021 (2)
- May 2021 (1)
- April 2021 (2)
- March 2021 (2)
- February 2021 (2)
- January 2021 (2)
- December 2020 (2)
- November 2020 (2)
- October 2020 (3)
- September 2020 (3)
- August 2020 (2)
- July 2020 (3)
- June 2020 (3)
- May 2020 (3)
- April 2020 (3)
- March 2020 (3)
- February 2020 (2)
- January 2020 (2)
- December 2019 (4)
- November 2019 (1)
- October 2019 (1)
- September 2019 (3)
- May 2019 (3)
- April 2019 (1)
- January 2019 (2)
- November 2018 (6)
- October 2018 (14)
You can also find Eitan Blumin in these networks: