Eitan Blumin is a SQL Server Generalist consultant with decades of experience in all fields relating to Microsoft SQL Server databases (since the year 2005), including but not limited to: Database design, management, TSQL programming, performance tuning, replication, backup management, security management, high availability and disaster recovery, SSIS, SSRS, encryption, migrations and more.
Eitan Blumin is currently working as a Senior SQL Server Consultant and Team Leader at Madeira Data Solutions. Other than his day-to-day consultant work, he also co-hosts the popular “SQL Server Radio” podcast with Guy Glantser, writes professional materials for the SQL Server community, delivers professional presentations and courses, and serves as a pivotal source of expert knowledge for the Madeira team.
Eitan is also a Microsoft certified professional with MCSE and MCSA certificates. You can view all of Eitan’s Microsoft certificates here.
SQL Server Radio Podcast
Starting early 2020, Eitan has also started co-hosting the SQL Server Radio podcast.
Latest Blog Posts
- Migrating from CosmosDB to SQL ServerWherever you look, you find tools and resources to help you migrate from something that is not Cosmos DB, to Cosmos DB. The Cosmos DB migration utility tool can only export a JSON file at most, but that can rarely be good enough if you need to move around more than a handful of documents. It took me a while to realize that I’m not going to find a publicly available migration tool for the job. So, I decided to make my own.
- T-SQL Tuesday 127 – Tips and Tricks to Automate Your LifeThis month’s #tsql2sday is hosted by Ken Fisher (b|t) who asks us to share tips unrelated to database systems. I will take this opportunity to talk about what you can do to easily automate a lot of your daily tasks, and never miss a thing.
- PASS Summit 2020 has gone virtual – register now for a discount!Considering the whole COVID-19 mess that is happening this year, events being cancelled and re-launched in a virtual form… Is it any wonder that the PASS Summit is joining the trend as well? I’d be quite disappointed if it hadn’t. So, great news!
- Planning a Migration from Azure SQL DB to Azure Managed InstanceIf a lot of missing features in your #Azure SQL DB are getting in the way, you may consider Azure SQL Managed Instance as an alternative. But how to migrate? Is it even possible? Read to find out.
- Control SQL Jobs based on HADR Role – Taking it to the Next LevelIn one of my previous blog posts, Automatically Enable or Disable Jobs based on HADR Role, I provided a solution for managing scheduled jobs correctly in combination with Availability Groups and Database Mirroring. In this blog post, I’m going to build upon my previous solution and improve it even further – taking it to the next level of automation!
- #tsql2sday 126 – Responding to COVID-19This month’s #tsql2sday is hosted by the legendary Glenn Berry, and asks us about what we’ve been doing as a response to COVID-19. We at Madeira Data Solutions did quite a lot to chip in during these difficult times. Hopefully, it’s enough to make some kind of difference.
- July 2020 (1)
- June 2020 (3)
- May 2020 (3)
- April 2020 (3)
- March 2020 (3)
- February 2020 (2)
- January 2020 (2)
- December 2019 (4)
- November 2019 (1)
- October 2019 (1)
- September 2019 (3)
- May 2019 (3)
- April 2019 (1)
- January 2019 (2)
- November 2018 (6)
- October 2018 (14)
You can also find Eitan Blumin in these networks: