Eitan Blumin is a SQL Server expert with decades of experience in all fields relating to Microsoft SQL Server databases (since the year 2005), including but not limited to: Database design, management, TSQL programming, performance tuning, replication, backup management, security management, high availability and disaster recovery, SSIS, SSRS, encryption, migrations and more.
Eitan Blumin is currently working as a Senior SQL Server Consultant, Solutions Architect, and Team Leader at Madeira Data Solutions. Other than his day-to-day consultant work, he also co-hosts the popular “SQL Server Radio” podcast with Guy Glantser, writes professional materials for the SQL Server community, delivers professional presentations and courses, and serves as a pivotal source of expert knowledge for the Madeira team.
Since September 1, 2020, Eitan is a Microsoft Data Platform MVP.
Since December 1, 2020, Eitan is a Microsoft Certified Azure Data Engineer Associate.
Eitan is also a Microsoft certified professional with MCSE and MCSA certifications.
SQL Server Radio Podcast
Starting early 2020, Eitan has also started co-hosting the SQL Server Radio podcast.
Latest Blog Posts
- Breaking News: Christmas came early to Microsoft Azure!On the week of December 7th (especially on December 9th), Microsoft has sent us a whole bag of goodies, announcing the general availability of new features that were only in preview until now, and even newer features that have just entered public preview.
- Common issues during SentryOne version upgradesFollowing the recent acquisition of SentryOne by SolarWinds, I’ve decided to write a few special blog posts dedicated to our favorite SQL server monitoring platform. As part of the managed DBA service that Madeira data solutions provides, we make extensive use of the SentryOne monitoring and alerting platform. As such, we’ve gathered significant experience in […]
- Webinar: Performance Monitoring with Azure SQL AnalyticsOn November 19th, 2020, I delivered a short session about Azure SQL Analytics, as part of the MVP Days Israel 2020 event. MVP Days Israel 2020 was a full-day event driven by the local (Israeli) MVP community to share knowledge on various Microsoft products across the board – Azure, GitHub, DevOps, Power Apps, AI, Data […]
- SQL Vulnerability Assessment Tool Reference List – Updated!Today I learned that after I published my SQL Vulnerability Assessment Rules Reference List, Microsoft themselves have also published such a list on their Docs page. Well I just had to one-up my version even further!
- Access Violation error when querying from a system table function with parallelismFollowing an incident at a customer’s production environment, Nathan Lifshes and I realized that we stumbled upon a yet-unknown bug in SQL Server, causing an access violation error, memory dumps, dropped connections, and even cluster fail-overs.
- T-SQL Tuesday #131 – Database Analogies – Star Trek CandyThis month’s #tsql2sday came to us from Rob Volk, who asks us to explain databases using an analogy, as if explaining to a 5 year old. I’m actually a big fan of The Feynman Technique (aka ELI5), so I really wanted to participate. But to be honest, I nearly missed out this time because I couldn’t think of an idea this whole week. But on the very last day the muse finally hit me. I kid you not, the time is literally 23:59 here in Israel as I hit the publish button!
- December 2020 (2)
- November 2020 (2)
- October 2020 (3)
- September 2020 (3)
- August 2020 (2)
- July 2020 (3)
- June 2020 (3)
- May 2020 (3)
- April 2020 (3)
- March 2020 (3)
- February 2020 (2)
- January 2020 (2)
- December 2019 (4)
- November 2019 (1)
- October 2019 (1)
- September 2019 (3)
- May 2019 (3)
- April 2019 (1)
- January 2019 (2)
- November 2018 (6)
- October 2018 (14)
You can also find Eitan Blumin in these networks: