- I’m Speaking at DataWeekender 6.5!Unfortunately, the Data TLV summit was delayed. But I still have some good news: I’ll be speaking at #DataWeekender 6.5… Read More »I’m Speaking at DataWeekender 6.5!
- I’m speaking at the Data.TLV Summit 2023 in Israel[EDIT] Due to the current ongoing situation between Israel and Palestine, the event was delayed to February 2024. For more… Read More »I’m speaking at the Data.TLV Summit 2023 in Israel
- Understanding ‘ALTER TABLE SWITCH statement failed’ errors 4907, 4908, and 4912Recently we’ve encountered an interesting use case for a customer. They had a table with partitioning that they needed to… Read More »Understanding ‘ALTER TABLE SWITCH statement failed’ errors 4907, 4908, and 4912
- Solving the Latch Convoy Problem with OPTIMIZE_FOR_SEQUENTIAL_KEY in SQL Server 2019Have you ever come across an elusive SQL Server issue known as the “Latch Convoy Problem” or “Last Page Insert Contention”? It’s a rare and challenging problem to encounter in real-world scenarios. In fact, it’s so uncommon that many database professionals may go their entire careers without experiencing it firsthand. But sometimes, the unexpected happens, and you find yourself face to face with this elusive beast.
- The Top 15 SQL Server Security MythsAs a SQL Server DBA, you are responsible for securing your organization’s critical data stored in SQL Server. However, there… Read More »The Top 15 SQL Server Security Myths
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
Other ways to find me: