My name is Eitan Blumin, and I’m the fastest DBA alive. To the outside world, I am an ordinary SQL Server DBA. But secretly, with the help of my friends at Madeira Data Solutions, I fight performance, availability, and security problems no other person can solve, and find other DBAs like me.
The Flash I meanEitan Blumin.
Eitan Blumin is a SQL Server expert with decades of experience in all fields relating to Microsoft SQL Server databases and the Microsoft Data Platform, including but not limited to: Database design, development, administration, performance tuning, security and encryption, high availability and disaster recovery, ETL, reporting, migrations and upgrades, change automation, and more.
Eitan Blumin is currently working as a Senior SQL Server Consultant, Solutions Architect, and DBA Team Leader at Madeira Data Solutions, the leading Microsoft Data Platform consulting company in Israel. Other than his day-to-day consultant work, he also co-hosts the popular “SQL Server Radio” podcast with Guy Glantser, writes professional materials for the SQL Server community, delivers professional presentations and courses, and serves as a pivotal source of expert knowledge for the Madeira team.
Since September 1, 2020, Eitan is a Microsoft Data Platform MVP.
Eitan is a Microsoft-certified Azure Associate with multiple Microsoft Azure certifications.
Eitan is also a Microsoft-certified professional with MCSE and MCSA certifications.
You can view all of Eitan’s Microsoft certifications via Credly.
SQL Server Radio Podcast
Since early 2020, Eitan started co-hosting the SQL Server Radio podcast.
Latest Blog Posts
- SELECT TOP 5 Sessions FROM SQLBits2023I’ve been lucky to finally attend SQLBits this year, and this came after a very long hiatus from trips abroad… Read More »SELECT TOP 5 Sessions FROM SQLBits2023
- Speaking at Data Saturday Croatia 2023 and visiting SQLBits 2023!On June 3rd, 2023, at the Data Saturday event in Croatia, I will be delivering LIVE my session: “How to Save Money On Your SQL Server Hardware”!
- Drop All Redundant Indexes In Every Database All At OnceLearn how to identify and remove redundant indexes in SQL Server to improve database performance and save storage space.
- T-SQL Tuesday #158 – When Worst Practices are the BestThis month’s #tsqltuesday is an especially interesting one! Hosted by Raul Gonzalez (@SQLDoubleG), Raul asks us to talk about “Worst Practices” and when could they be a good thing to use. I, personally, have a couple of “Best-Worst Practices” that I tend to encounter quite a lot, and have already talked about in some of my blog posts in the past.
- Detect Application Bugs and Vulnerabilities You Didn’t Even Know AboutIn this post, I will introduce you to a special T-SQL script that you can use for detecting potential SQL injection attacks in your database, as well as application-level bugs that you didn’t necessarily know you had.
- Resolved: Login failed for user NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON – Delegation Step-by-StepSometimes when trying to access a linked server, you’d get an error saying “Login failed for user NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON”. This happens because you’re connected using Windows authentication, and SQL Server fails to “forward” your credentials to the linked server. Hopefully, with this blog post, I’ll provide you with an easy-to-understand step-by-step guide, which would help you resolve the issue the right way, without any workarounds.
You can also find Eitan Blumin in these networks: