My name is Eitan Blumin, and I’m the fastest DBA alive. To the outside world, I am an ordinary SQL Server DBA. But secretly, with the help of my friends at Madeira Data Solutions, I fight performance, availability, and security problems no other person can solve, and find other DBAs like me.
The Flash I meanEitan Blumin.
Eitan Blumin is a SQL Server expert with decades of experience in all fields relating to Microsoft SQL Server databases and the Microsoft Data Platform, including but not limited to: Database design, development, administration, performance tuning, security and encryption, high availability and disaster recovery, ETL, reporting, migrations and upgrades, change automation, and more.
Eitan Blumin is currently working as a Senior SQL Server Consultant, Solutions Architect, and DBA Team Leader at Madeira Data Solutions, the leading Microsoft Data Platform consulting company in Israel. Other than his day-to-day consultant work, he also co-hosts the popular “SQL Server Radio” podcast with Guy Glantser, writes professional materials for the SQL Server community, delivers professional presentations and courses, and serves as a pivotal source of expert knowledge for the Madeira team.
Since September 1, 2020, Eitan is a Microsoft Data Platform MVP.
Eitan is a Microsoft-certified Azure Associate with multiple Microsoft Azure certifications.
Eitan is also a Microsoft-certified professional with MCSE and MCSA certifications.
SQL Server Radio Podcast
Since early 2020, Eitan started co-hosting the SQL Server Radio podcast.
Latest Blog Posts
- Upcoming Webinars About SQL Server MonitoringLearn about the benefits of SQL Server database monitoring with our new webinars in partnership with SolarWinds. Join us for technical showcases and more.
- I’m Speaking at DataWeekender 6.5!Unfortunately, the Data TLV summit was delayed. But I still have some good news: I’ll be speaking at #DataWeekender 6.5… Read More »I’m Speaking at DataWeekender 6.5!
- I’m speaking at the Data.TLV Summit 2023 in Israel[EDIT] Due to the current ongoing situation between Israel and Palestine, the event was delayed to February 2024. For more… Read More »I’m speaking at the Data.TLV Summit 2023 in Israel
- Understanding ‘ALTER TABLE SWITCH statement failed’ errors 4907, 4908, and 4912Recently we’ve encountered an interesting use case for a customer. They had a table with partitioning that they needed to… Read More »Understanding ‘ALTER TABLE SWITCH statement failed’ errors 4907, 4908, and 4912
- Solving the Latch Convoy Problem with OPTIMIZE_FOR_SEQUENTIAL_KEY in SQL Server 2019Have you ever come across an elusive SQL Server issue known as the “Latch Convoy Problem” or “Last Page Insert Contention”? It’s a rare and challenging problem to encounter in real-world scenarios. In fact, it’s so uncommon that many database professionals may go their entire careers without experiencing it firsthand. But sometimes, the unexpected happens, and you find yourself face to face with this elusive beast.
- The Top 15 SQL Server Security MythsAs a SQL Server DBA, you are responsible for securing your organization’s critical data stored in SQL Server. However, there… Read More »The Top 15 SQL Server Security Myths
You can also find Eitan Blumin in these networks: